Update: May 15, 2018
L2VeryLost develops and publishes social games for the web and mobile devices. “L2VeryLost,” or “we” or “us” refers to L2VeryLost Inc. and other corporate entities under common ownership and/or any of their agents, consultants, employees, officers and directors.
• what information we collect, how we collect it, and why
• how we use that information and with whom we share it
• how you can access and update that information
• the choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information
• how we protect the information we store about you
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information About You That We Get From Connected Third-Party Applications, Including Social Networks (like Facebook)
If you play L2VeryLost’s games or access any of our other Services on connected third-party applications or connect our Services to any third-party applications, including social networks like Facebook, L2VeryLost may receive certain information about you from the provider of the third-party application. The information we receive depends on the L2VeryLost game you’re playing, the third-party application, your privacy settings and, if applicable, your friends’ privacy settings on that third-party application.
For example, L2VeryLost may collect and store some or all of the following information shared by the provider of the connected third-party application:
• your first and last name;
• your profile picture or its URL;
• your user ID number (like your Facebook ID number), which may be linked to publicly-available information like your name and profile photo;
• the user ID number and other public data for your friends;
• the login e-mail you provided to that third-party application when you registered with it;
• your physical location and that of the devices you use to access our Services;
• your gender;
• your birthday and/or age range;
• information about your activities on or through the connected third-party application;
• other publicly-available information on the third-party application; and/or
• any other information that you or the provider of the third-party application share with L2VeryLost.
If you are unclear about what information a third-party application is sharing with us, please go to the third-party application to find out more about their privacy practices.
Cookies and Automated Information Collection
We and service providers acting on our behalf, like Google Analytics, store log files and use tracking technologies such as:
• cookies, which are small pieces of data transferred to your mobile device or computer for record-keeping purposes;
• web beacons, which let us know if a certain page was visited or whether an e-mail was opened;
• tracking pixels, which allow us or our advertising partners to advertise more efficiently and effectively; and
• local shared objects, also known as flash cookies, which help us to reduce fraud, remember your in-game preferences and speed up load times.
We and our service providers use these log files, tags, and tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain kinds of technical information, including:
• IP addresses;
• the type of computer or mobile device you are using;
• your operating system version;
• your mobile device’s identifiers, like your MAC Address, Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), and/or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI);
• your browser types;
• your browser language;
• referring and exit pages, and URLs;
• platform type;
• the number of clicks on a page or feature;
• domain names;
• landing pages;
• pages viewed and the order of those pages;
• the amount of time spent on particular pages; and
• game state and the date and time of activity on our websites or games.
In some cases, we will connect this information with your social network ID or L2VeryLost user ID.
For more information on how to limit the types of cookies you allow, please see Opting out of Cookie Tracking.
Other Information from Your Mobile Device
If you play L2VeryLost games on your mobile device, in addition to your device identifiers, we may also collect:
• the name you have associated with your device;
• your telephone number;
• your country; and
• your specific geolocation;
• your mobile contact and
• information about L2VeryLost and other third-party apps you have on your device.
If you want to adjust your privacy preferences on your mobile device, please see How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information.
Information About You That You Share With Us Directly
Some games or parts of our Services may use a more traditional registration or account set-up process where you may be asked to give us some or all of the following information:
• your age or birthday;
• your first and last names;
• your e-mail address;
• a password; and
• other information that helps us make sure it’s you accessing your account or helps us improve our services.
We may also let you create a player profile, separate from your social networking site profile (for example, your Facebook profile), that other L2VeryLost players can see. Your player profile may include information like:
• a profile photo;
• game username(s);
• your gender;
• biographic details (like your age or age range);
• approximate location information that you provide;
• links to your profiles on various social network;
• details about the games you play; and
• a L2VeryLost player ID number that is created by L2VeryLost and used to identify your profile.
Certain information in your L2VeryLost profile may be publicly accessible on L2VeryLost’s websites that offer direct access to L2VeryLost games, including:
• The L2VeryLost player ID;
• Your first and last names; and
• Your player profile picture.
Except for games designed for children under 13, your L2VeryLost player ID number used to identify your account and player profile will appear in the URL of your profile page. It will only allow access to information you make public in your settings.
Information About Your Contacts
We may give you the ability to import your address book contacts or manually enter them so that you can locate your contacts on L2VeryLost and invite them to join you in our games or other aspects of our Services. You are responsible for getting your contacts' permission when you opt to give their contact details to us. We may also get information about you from other L2VeryLost users importing or entering their contacts. We use and may store this contact information to help you and your contacts connect through our Services. If you want to remove your contacts stored by us, follow the instructions provided in the game to request that we remove them from our systems. If you need to enter a password to allow us to access your address book, we will not store that password.
Information You Generate Using Our Communications Features
Except for games designed for children under 13, you may be able to take part in certain activities on our Service that let you communicate or share information not just with L2VeryLost, but also with other L2VeryLost players. These include:
• participating in player forums and message boards;
• posting public comments to other players’ profiles or gameboards;
• sending private messages or invitations to other players, either directly on our websites or to their e-mail accounts;
• chatting with other players; and/or
• posting photos or drawings.
You acknowledge and expressly agree that we may access in real-time, record and/or store archives of these communications, comments, photos and drawings on L2VeryLost's servers to make use of them to protect the safety and well-being of our players and L2VeryLost’s rights and property in connection with our Services; to conduct research; to operate, improve, personalize and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences, including through the use of analytics; and to manage and deliver contextual advertising.
If you purchase a license to use in-game virtual currency or virtual items in a game you play on L2VeryLost.com, our third-party payment processor will collect the billing and financial information it needs to process your charges. This may include your postal address, e-mail address and financial information. L2VeryLost does not collect or store your financial information, like credit card numbers. However, L2VeryLost’s payment processors may share non-financial information with us related to your purchases, like your name, billing address and the items purchased in order to fulfill your order. L2VeryLost may also obtain the billing and payment information that you provide when your purchase is processed by someone else (like Facebook, Apple or Google) such as when you purchase something in a game you play on a social network or that you downloaded on your mobile device. Our Terms of Service explain our policies and terms relevant to our charges, billing practices, third-party credits and virtual currencies. Please note that purchases of third party credits or currencies may also be subject to those parties’ policies.
Customer Support Correspondence
Except as provided herein, when you ask for help from our Customer Support team, we will collect and store the contact information you give them (generally, your name and e-mail address), information about your game play or activity on our Services, and your L2VeryLost player and/or social network ID number. We will also store the communications you have with the Customer Service team and any information in those communications in order to provide support and improve the Services. For users of our games designed for children under 13, we will use your contact information for the sole purpose of providing a one-time response to your question. We will then delete your information from our servers.
Information You Give Us For Text Messaging Services
We receive and store the information you provide, including your mobile telephone number, when you choose to sign up to receive SMS messages.
We may collect or receive information about you from other sources like third-party information providers. We use this information along with information you provide us directly, for example, to help you and your friends connect or to serve you advertising more tailored to your interests.
How We Use the Information We Collect
The main use of the information we collect and store is to provide a better gaming experience, but there are other uses as well. The uses for which we collect and store your information include:
• to operate, improve and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences;
• to create your game accounts and allow you to play our games;
• to identify and suggest connections with other L2VeryLost players and personalize our Services to you;
• to enable players to communicate with each other;
• to provide technical support and respond to player inquiries;
• to protect the safety and well-being of our players;
• to protect L2VeryLost's rights and property in connection with our Services;
• to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms of Service;
• to manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising;
• to notify players of in-game updates, new products or promotional offers;
• to administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
• to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with you or other players, and to enforce our agreements with third parties; and
• to conduct research.
One important use of your information is communication. If you have provided your e-mail address to L2VeryLost, we will use it to respond to customer support inquiries, and keep you informed of your in-game activity, including comments from friends, let you know about in-game status such as “crops ready” as well as tell you about gift and neighbor requests. Some messages, like invites for friends to join you in a game, may include your name and profile photo. We may also send promotional e-mail messages and promotional SMS messages (e.g. text messages) ("Promotional Communications") directly or in partnership with other parties, in accordance with your marketing preferences. Each Promotional Communication will offer you choices about receiving additional messages. Receipt of such communications depends on L2VeryLost having certain contact information from you.
How We Share Your Information
We may disclose or publish aggregated information (information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you, for example, players between the ages of 20 and 35 who live United Kingdom) and other non-personal information about our players for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, analytics, advertising, and other business purposes.
In addition, we may share your information (which may include personal information) with third parties (in other words, parties other than L2VeryLost) or allow third parties to collect this information from our Services in the following circumstances:
Friends and Other L2VeryLost Players
The Service supports and often encourages you to interact with other players. In most L2VeryLost games, if you play through a social network or register through a social network (for example, Facebook Connect), your social network friends will see your name, profile photo and descriptions of your game activity. Similarly, in many L2VeryLost games, other players, regardless of whether they are your social network friends or not, will be able to see descriptions of your game activity (including the identification of any L2VeryLost games you have played), communicate with you within our Services, and view your game profile, which may include your name or a “game name” and your profile photo. In certain cases, your profile photo can reveal your social network ID or L2VeryLost player ID, and access to a social network ID or L2VeryLost player ID may allow others to view the public information associated with your related social network profile or L2VeryLost account. Other players may also be able to send you game requests or even friend requests through the related social network’s or L2VeryLost’s communication channels.
Third-Party Advertising Including Tailored Advertising and Analytics
We have advertising on our Services so we can continue to offer many of our Services for free.
We do not actively share personal information with third-party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes unless you give us your consent.
When advertisers or ad networks place ads in our Services, they may collect or we may share the following types of information from within our Services:
• performance data (like the number of clicks on an advertisement);
• aggregated and/or de-identified information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you (like players between the ages of 20 and 35 who live United Kingdom);
• certain technical information (for example, IP addresses, non-persistent device identifiers such as IDFAs, and de-identified persistent device identifiers such as a hashed Android ID);
• your social network ID;
• and other contextual data about your game play (for example, your level and session length).
The information collected may be used to:
• measure how effective ads are, to offer you targeted advertising in order to personalize your experience by showing you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you (a practice known as behavioral advertising), and/or
• undertake web analytics (like Google Analytics which is used to analyze traffic and other player activity to improve your experience).
Advertisers or ad networks may collect this information through the use of tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons, and they may use a single tracking technology or multiple tracking technologies at the same time.
Please note, after clicking on a third party advertisement, you may no longer be on a site hosted by L2VeryLost or the social network through which you are playing L2VeryLost’s games.
Safety, Security and Compliance with Law
Your information, and the contents of all of your online communications in our Services and between You and L2VeryLost may be accessed and monitored as needed to provide our Service and may be disclosed:
• when we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose the information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena);
• to satisfy any laws or regulations that apply;
• where we believe in our sole discretion that the Service is being used in committing a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
• when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person or the public generally; and
• to protect the rights or property of L2VeryLost and other applicable third parties, including to enforce our Terms of Service.
Third-Party Service Providers
We will share your information with third-party companies to perform services on our behalf, like processing payments, analyzing data, optimizing game play, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service and to help us in our marketing efforts, including managing and delivering contextual and tailored advertisements. We contractually require these third-party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information we share with them, and we contractually require them not use your information for anything other than to provide services on our behalf.
Sale or Merger
How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information
Information We Receive From a Third-Party Application Where You Play Our Games or From Your Mobile Device
To manage the information L2VeryLost receives about you from a third-party application where you play our games, like Facebook, you will need to follow the instructions for the third-party application for updating your information and changing your privacy settings. The privacy management tools for applications on Facebook can be found here. To review and update information associated with your L2VeryLost game profile in certain games, visit the “settings” page in that game. You also can manage some aspects of information collection and use by visiting the “settings” page of your mobile device and reviewing the permissions of each application or “app.”
Accessing and Updating Your Information Held by L2VeryLost
If you want to review, delete, or change the information L2VeryLost has about you or have additional questions, e-mail us at gmL2VeryLost@gmail.com. We will respond to your request within thirty days.
Stopping Use of Your Information
If you no longer want L2VeryLost to make active use of your information, you may send an e-mail to gmL2VeryLost@gmail.com. Place "Delete My Account" in the subject line and include your first name, last name, e-mail address and your social network ID for the social network from which you access our Services (if applicable) in the body of the e-mail (for example, your Facebook user ID). We will respond to your request within thirty days. Please note that certain records, for example those relating to payments or customer service matters, will be held for legal and accounting purposes. If you have sent content through or posted content on the Service, we may not be able to delete it.
Opting Out of Geolocation
If you have previously allowed us to access your geolocation data, you can stop making geolocation available to us by visiting your mobile device's settings for the relevant application or the “settings” page for the relevant game.
Opting Out of Ongoing Collection of Information About Non-L2VeryLost Apps You Have On Your Device
To the extent that one of our games is collecting information about non-L2VeryLost apps you have on your device, the game will provide you with an option to stop making that information available to us in the “settings” page for the relevant game.
Opting Out of Promotional Emails from L2VeryLost
If you want to stop receiving promotional e-mails from L2VeryLost, click on the "unsubscribe" link in any promotional email from L2VeryLost. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective. Your unsubscribe or e-mail preference change will be processed promptly, and in no event longer than ten business days.
Opting Out of Cookie Tracking
You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or limit the type of cookies you allow. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not remove flash cookies. To learn more about and manage flash cookies you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
If you disable cookies, you may lose some of the features and functionality of our Services because L2VeryLost cookies are necessary to track and enhance your game activities.
Privacy Policies of Linked Third-Party Services and Advertisers
Our websites and games may contain advertisements from Third-Party Services, which are companies other than L2VeryLost that may link to their own websites, online services or mobile applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Third-Party Services. If you have any questions about how these Third-Party Services use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
Our Policies Concerning Children
Most of our websites and games are not for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. Children under 13 should not use these websites or games at any time. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under 13, we will take reasonable measures to promptly remove that information from our records.
How Long We Keep Your Information
How long we retain your information depends on why we collected it and how we use it. We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. For instance, we may retain some information for a few years after you have closed your account with us if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights.
Security of Your Information
If you have an account registered directly with L2VeryLost, your profile information is protected by the password you use to access your L2VeryLost account. It is important that you protect and maintain your L2VeryLost account’s security and that you immediately tell us of any unauthorized use of your account. If you forget the password to your L2VeryLost account, the Service allows you to request that instructions be sent to you that explain how to reset your password. If you access our Services through a social network and your social network account is hacked, this may lead to someone playing your L2VeryLost games without your permission. So, be careful to keep your social network account information, including your social network account password, secure as well. We urge you to log out of your L2VeryLost account and any social network account you have used to access our Services after you use it.
When you sign into your L2VeryLost account or enter payment information, we or our third party payment processor use encryption to transmit that information.
While we take precautions against possible security breaches of our Services and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is being transmitted to our Service. Any transmission is at your own risk. If you have questions about the security of our websites, please contact us at gmL2VeryLost@gmail.com with the email subject: “L2VeryLost Security Services”.
UPDATE 25 May
This Policy establishes the specificities of data-processing of the Users of the Service located at http://L2VeryLost.com (hereinafter referred to as the "Service") and the game servers (hereinafter referred to as "Servers"). This Policy also includes all applications and additions to it.
This document (hereinafter referred to as the "Policy") is an integral part of the User Agreement of the Service.
The text of this document is available at http://L2VeryLost.com
When downloading, installing, registering, accessing and any other way of using the Service, you fully accept the terms of this Policy and express your consent to the processing of your data in a manner and for purposes as described in this document. If you do not agree with this Policy, please, refuse to download, install and otherwise use the Service.
The Administration may from time to time modify and / or supplement this Policy without prior written notice to Users. The new version of this document is located at http://L2VeryLost.com You need to periodically check the changes and / or additions made to it. If you continue to use the Service after making changes to this document, you confirm your agreement with the new edition of the Policy.
1. Purposes of User data processing
The data is provided by Users in connection with the conclusion with the Administration of the User Agreement located at http://L2VeryLost.com/index.php?f=useragreement
The data could be obtained on request from Service in connection with the execution of the concluded agreements. Cases of the User providing data (without limitation):
- When creating an account in the Service http://L2VeryLost.com and / or on any Server and managing it;
- If you participate in testing additional game services and / or service updates (if applicable);
- When participation in game Events, promotions competitions and other similar events;
- When sending requests, letters or other types of contacts with the Administration of the Service;
- When using additional, special services inside the Game.
Your data is processed for the following purposes (not limited to):
- Providing the ability to create and then use and manage a User account on the Service;
- Participation in the Game and access to the game features that are provided for in the Gameplay;
- Implementing interactions with other Users;
- Fixing bugs, developing new game features and services;
- Interaction with Users for comments on the Service, support for Users, sending notifications and other important messages regarding the Service;
- Accepting, processing and verification of payments;
- Providing technical support;
- Informing about future events related to the Service, their updates and other similar events.
2. Users data, collected and processed by the Service.
Collected and processed data by the Service may include (but not limited to):
- Name, nickname (character name);
- User ID (login or user ID);
- E-mail address;
- Billing information, etc.
3. Other data collected and processed by the Service.
In order to provide quality services, the Service collects and processes additional non-personal data. These data include:
- Unique identifier of the user device (HWID) and parameters of the used software;
- Operating system version, device type and hardware identifiers;
- Information about the user's actions on the Service and directly in the Game (logs of game actions, actions on the Service, in-game achievements, time spent in the Game, the time of the last entry into the Game, information about the inputs to the Game, etc.).
The service can collect information about your IP address and information about the geographical location of the device from which you access the Service and the Game in order to provide you with the services and information available for the relevant territory on which you are located.
4. Data storage.
The data storage period is the period during which the Service and related gaming services are provided (for the longest period), unless another period is provided for by applicable law.
5. Uses. Dissemination and transmission of data.
The Service can combine (merge, splice) and use combined data of Users with other information (including other data collected by the Service, as defined in section 4 of this Policy) for the provision, management and development of the Game.
In addition, your data can be provided in the following cases:
- When it is necessary to comply with the law, for example, investigating cases of fraud in making payments and any other illegal activities;
- When there are reasonable suspicions of a potential or existing violation of the rights of the Service;
THE ADMINISTRATION DOES NOT TRANSFER YOUR DATA TO THIRD PARTIES.
6. Other duties of the Parties.
The User is responsible for the completeness and reliability of the data provided by him. In case of inconsistencies and / or incorrectness in the data provided by you, they must be changed, including by contacting the technical support of the Service, whose contacts are listed in the Support section on the Service website - http://L2VeryLost.com
The Administration reserves the right to delete and / or modify User data, store data that is necessary for the purposes of compliance with applicable laws, ensure the security and effectiveness of the Service and the Game.
We would like to point out that if you choose not to accept cookies you will not be able to fully use all of the functions of our Service. By activating the cookies feature of your browser you agree and consent to the data collection and processing as explained herein.
Service also uses so-called authorization cookies, which are intended to store information and data submitted by the user on the Service, in order to avoid you from multiple and/or repeated submission of such data in a single visit session or longer, if you wish, which increases the comfort of using website.